Voter ID card is a crucial document In India, for Identity in many different works. One can get a Voter ID card very effortlessly after filling the voter id card application form that can be downloaded online. The link for the website to download the registration form for voter ID card is www.eci.nic.in (upon clicking the link one can visit at downloading the Form page) upon selecting the correct form, one shall download a pdf copy, take printout and fill the application. After filling it correctly, one needs to present this application form at the closest local Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) with photocopy of more ID card and residence proof. Find your nearest ERO office here.
All the Frequently Asked Questions regarding voter id cards is done here. After this, the applicant’s job is complete. The process of Voter ID card making is done a few days after the submitting the application. At present, it is not compulsory to possess a Voter ID card during the voting process (in 2011 Election), only the name of the voter must be present in the voter list. Some state governments such as Andhra Pradesh have published a list containing voters names online here.
Steps to follow during on-line registration for including names in the voters list:
- Online registration for electoral roll in particular Constituency for Assembly in state of Tamil Nadu is available for Citizens of India only, who have completed the age of 18 or above (as on 1st of January of the particular year in which the revision of electoral roll takes place) and who normally are residing in the area.
- Non-Residents and NRIs are not eligible to register for voting in any area.
- The applicants are requested to ensure that their name is not present in any electoral roll.
- Columns marked with * or (asterik) in an online form have to be filled compulsorily.
- In order to avail the facility of online registration, one should possess a valid email id.
- A scanned photograph of the applicant has to be uploaded while submitting the application form.
- Online applications are only meant for afresh applications. Any alternations such as deletions, modifications of names in the electoral roll are not done by the online facility.
- The application form needs to be filled in properly and checked before hitting the ‘submit’ button.
- Email account of the applicant must be checked to confirm the submission of the application form.
- The confirmation Link that has been sent to the email of the applicant needs to be clicked for confirming the process of the voter id application form.
- Staff member of the Election Registration Office will visit the applicant’s address to verify the details and obtain a signature.